Re: shell backend problem

"Ignite! Solutions" wrote:

> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
> include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
> database        shell
> suffix          "dc=test, dc=com"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> search          /usr/local/ids/bin/search.pl
> connection_get(9)
> send_ldap_result: 0::
> ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
> connection_get(9)
> SRCH "" 2 3    100 60 0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> It seems that slapd is returning ldap_result 10 (referral) without even
> executing my search script! (i tested it by making my search script write to
> a file, which in the end it didn't as it wasn't even executed)

In fact, there is no chance your script gets executed since the search
that is performed requires an empty base (see above the `SRCH "" 2',
where "" means null base) so your shell backend never gets selected.
Add a base of "dc=test, dc=com" to your search request if you want
the backend to be selected.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8365
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it