Re: base search with objectClass=* does not work properly...

Hi,
First question which commad u have used?
If it is ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)'
it will give u exactly what u got.

If u want to search all the entries of all object class ( suppose) u gottu
specify the Search Base explicitly
So it should look something like ldapsearch -x -b 'c=US' -s base
'(objectclass=*)'

Depending on the search interest u can spcify the -s option.

The first command is just to make sure that slapd is up n running , configured
properly and search works.
Since u have not specifed the Search Base, ldapsearch works with the default
search base which may not be your schema base dn. This is my understanding.
Since I'm not  great, I may be wrong. Make me correct if I'm.

Thanking All
Jajati