Newbie question -ldbm database

I downloaded and extract( I did not remember I install it) the Sleepycat
Berkeley DB before I install the OpenLADP on Red Hat 7.0, The directive for
database directory in my slapd.conf is automatically set as
/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm,  I did not modify it.
My OpenLDAP is running well.
According to the Administrator's Guide, the  operating system may provide
database packages. If  these packages are not available at configure time,
slapd has no primary database backend.

I wonder whether my slapd is running without a database backend or,  Red Hat
7.0 has provided
the required database. I need the solution because I plan to implemente
another OpenLDAP server.
Thanks!