Re: openldap 2.0.7 is incredibly slow

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> Likely waiting for reverse lookups to timeout... you might
> disable them via configure.

Tried that and got exactly the same result. But this is fascinating. You
see, out of desperation we decided to copy the entire hard disk of the
production machine onto a spare IDE drive that was lying around the
office. We then changed the lilo.conf file to point to the new IDE
drive, and we changed it's fstab to mount the IDE drive. I would like to
point out that this is /all/ we changed on the drive. We then booted
this drive in my colleages Celeron 400 machine and the make test ran
perfectly. We then put the IDE drive into the production machine, and
disconnected the RAID controller, and amazingly enough it worked
perfectly. Indeed, we put the raid controller back in the machine,
booted off IDE and it still worked perfectly. Now, we then plugged the
RAID array back in, so that it was in the original configuration. As
expected it didn't work.

So, to summarise, this is a problem which only appears when booting from
the Compaq Linux Certified RAID 5 array.

I've phoned compaq and they have said they'll get back to us twice now.

If anyone has had any success or failure getting an even mildly similar
configuration working, I would be thrilled to hear from you. We're
getting desperate here.

Thanks for all your help so far.

James.