Performance Tuning

Hi,

We are doing some performance testing on our server which is connected to an openldap slapd.  In the testing program, we do the following operations for 100 times: query the ldap server, modify entries, delete the entries, and create them again.

The result is not very promising.  The query time is increased from 0.223 second to 3.038 second.  It will reduce to somewhere close to 0.223 if I delete the old database directory and add in the data again using ldif add.

Is there anything we can do about it other than clean the database manually?

Thanks in advance!

Lingjia