RE: apache + openldap

AuthenLDAP and AuthzLDAP will do what you need. AuthzLDAP will nest
groups. You can find these available at CPAN:
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Apache/. I maintain these modules,
so if you have any trouble, contact me.

I'd suggest, though, that if you use nested groups, you also use an
authorization cache, such as AuthzCache, to speed up subsequent requests
to authorizing.

Regards,
Christian