Re: User friendly tool

Here is a link to download law:  http://rolodap.sourceforge.net/law/law.tar.gz

To configure the program you need to edit the law/config/law.conf file with your
LDAP server's settings.  This file is commented so it should be pretty straight
forward to setup.

If you need to customize the attributes that LAW is using to match those of your
schema look in the law/custom directory at the files *-forms.phtml and
ldap*-arrays.phtml.  All of the forms and the modify arrays are handled here and
are pretty easy to modify.  I know we store addresses a little differently than
is normal, we store then as they would appear on an address label so we just
have 3 or more address values in a single attribute.

I have been using this pointing to a Iplanet Directory server, but it should
work with OpenLDAP (I know rolodap does).

Many of the features that I want to add to LAW I have already implemented in
Rolodap, but just haven't had time to put them back into LAW.  I have every
intention to start a LAW sourceforge project in the very near future so I can
share it's continued development with everyone, once again I just haven't had
time.

If you are interested in just an online address book, you might want to consider
using Rolodap, which is a multi user contacts management system, more with end
users in mind.  LAW is perfectly capable for end users to use, but is more
intended to provide user information for a group of users that probably are
using email and the like authenticated via LDAP.  Rolodap is more intended as a
repository of contact information, ie no passwords or email info (other than
their email address), kind of like an online version of the Netscape Address
book.

LAW is GPL'ed, so take that for what it is.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, etc.

Dan

--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil