Re: Reloading ACLs

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 03:29:19PM +0100, Vetle Roeim wrote:

> Just to clarify; I'm wondering if it is feasible to implement
> reloading of ACLs, not if it's feasible to implement group-based
> access control.

I do not think so. If you want HA, then you should have at least one
replica anyway, so restarting one LDAP server should not be a problem
(and a restart takes just a few seconds).

If you are worried about failing updates when the master is down, work
on multimaster support instead. That would be much more useful.

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary