Operational attrs: createTimestamp and modifyTimestamp...

Hello All,

Several gurus in the archives have stated that modifyTimestamp is not set when a new entry is added to a directory.
I've tried the following experiment using the same LDIF file...

1. ldapadd a new entry into OpenLDAP 2.0.7
2. Import a new entry into Netscape DS 4.1 via the console GUI.

On both systems, an ldapsearch on the new entry reveals that both modifyTimestamp and createTimestamp are created with identical values.

Confusion...can I depend on modifyTimestamp to be valid after I create a new entry ? I desire to test a single timestamp attribute to determine the age of an entry.

Cheers,