Re: invalid credentials

Yes, the -D option should be followed by the dn of the user you want to bind
as -- in other words, the user who has privileges to update. So, you want
something like:

#ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=xxx,dc=com" -W -f /tmp/newentry.ldif

Check out the quick start guide (
http://www.OpenLDAP.org/doc/admin/quickstart.html ), step 10.

--David