2.0.7 slapd.conf configuration

Hi:

I'm not sure this is the right list to address this question to but ...

I have OpenLDAP 2.0.7 compiled and running on a RedHat Linux 7.0 Intel
box.  I have run into a slapd.conf configuration issue that I can not find
an answer for at the OpenLDAP web site and was wondering if anyone had
run into it already.  The problem concerns the use of approximate as an
index type for the cn,sn and ou attributes.  When slapd.conf contains:

index	cn,sn,ou	pres,eq,sub,approx

attempting to start slapd or trying to use slapadd will generate:

approx index of attribute "cn" disallowed

The same message is generated when attempting to define the approx index
type for the sn and ou attributes as well.  Removing approx as an index
type resolves the problem but doesn't do an index as desired. Has anyone else
seen/fixed this by chance???

I also saw an index type of subany in one of the configuration files in
the tests/data directory.  Does anyone know what this index type does?

Thanks!

Robert Schneider

Robert R. Schneider                                 email: robert@pe.utexas.edu
Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering  phone: +1 512 471 3225
The University of Texas at Austin                   fax: +1 512 471 9605