Re: Suffix/rootdn confusion....

> Rootdn must of course be the root of my tree hierarchy.  Right ?  Wrong !
> Rootdn == "authentication dn", suffix is the root of my tree hierarchy.
> Unfortunate terminology selection for this newbie. :(
>
> Cheers,
>
> P.D.

Wrong.  It can be, but is not required to be DN which is at the root of
your tree hierarchy.  Common practice is that it is not.  The root DN
often has a format just like other people in the DIT.  RootDN in this
instance should be read as meaning the "super user" for the DIT, vs. the
root in any other sense of the word.

Randy