openldap and kerberosIV authentication

I have a Kerberors IV setup, compiled cyrus-sasl with kerberosIV
support (not gssapi) and compiled openldap with cyrus-sasl support.
I would like openldap to use cyrus-sasl and cyrus-sasl to use
Kerberos IV to verirify username-password combinations.

questions;

1) do I have to make any particular KerberosIV specific changes to
   /etc/openldap/slapd.conf ?

2) is setting the uid to {SASL}jdoe in the ldap database sufficient
   for openldap to consult sasl and sasl to consult KerberosIV ?

3) userPassword must remain empty in the ldap database, is this correct ?

thank you,

Jankok

--
empty