Re: LDAP iPlanet question.

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, shahab Ali wrote:

> Hi,
>  We are running the iPlanet solution from netscape . He user account is
> creatd from our billing software in SQL as well as LDAP .BU tfor the
> email account creation we have to do the manual entry is there any
> option which can automatically create the email account  of the user .
> Rgds,
> Shahab.

There are some really nice perl libraries out there that will let you
create LDAP entries on the fly.  Combine that with the DBI interface and
you should be able to interact with the database and do automatic
creation.  Take a look at CPAN (http://www.cpan.org) and do a search for
LDAP and DBI.  Hope this helps.

Cliff