Problem Testing OpenLDAP with make test

Hi,

I'm having problems building/testing OpenLDAP 2.0.7 on a Solaris 2.6 box.

When I run 'make test' I get the following:

ln: cannot create ./data: File exists
ln: cannot create ./schema: File exists
Initiating LDAP tests for LDBM...
Executing all LDAP tests...
Test Directory: .
Backend: ldbm
Starting test000-rootdse ...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
./scripts/test000-rootdse: kill: no such process
../clients/tools/ldapsearch: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
Test failed
./scripts/test000-rootdse failed (exit 2)
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test-ldbm'
Current working directory /imail/src/openldap-2.0.7/tests
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test'

----

I've read through the Solaris 2.6 release notes. I've run configure with a number of options including:

with and without:
env ac_cv_func_pthread_create=no ol_cv_kthread_flag=no \
     ol_cv_pthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthreads_flag=no \
     ol_cv_thread_flag=no\

always with:
env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" \
   LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/sasl" \
   ./configure --with-threads=pth --without-kerberos

The machine has permission to contact itself on localhost.
I've installed the following prerequisite software in order:

pth-1.3.7
openssl-0.9.6
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24
db-3.1.17 (BerkeleyDB)

When I compiled openldap-2.0.7, I received some warnings about needing or wanting shared ssl and crypto libraries, so I configured openssl with './config shared' and installed the shared libraries. This is actually when the above error started showing up. Previous to that, the slapd process would never start (waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start message until timeout).

I compile and test with a normal user that has a umask of 007. I make install with root and a umask of 022.

I've spent the last week and a half reading through documentation and trying various permutations of configuration options, building, testing, cleaning and rebuilding. This is the second system I've attempted this on, in case the first system had some legacy properties that may have interfered.

Time is becoming short. The end goal is to set up a slave LDAP server that can speak LDAPv3 to support Outlook users that synchronizes with an LDAPv2 compliant database.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or prayers, please share them with me :)

Thank you,
Cory Tsang