delete, mainly recursive

I really don't know how to use ldapdelete:

>ldapdelete -D <DN> -w <password> -v <entry>
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute

... so I added -x :
>ldapdelete -D <DN> -w <password> -v <entry> -x
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
ldap_bind: Inappropriate authentication

So I'm not able to delete even one entry and I'd like
to delete whole subtree under <entry>.

Will someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong ?
I've looked into documentation but found nothing.
Some examples will be helpfull.

Thanks.

|  ROSTISLAV MATL, student of Masaryk University - Faculty of Informatics     |
|  e-mail: xmatl@fi.muni.cz      WWW: http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xmatl/index.html |
|  ICQ#: 17058749                                                             |