From: Roger Martensson [mailto:Roger.Martensson@ite.mh.se]
Sent: 01 December 2000 09:40
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Solaris and LDAP

Hi!

I've been assigned to take a deeper look at LDAP servers as a NIS
replacement.

As you can see I have taken OpenLDAP as a testplatform and might even
use it in a production enviroment if we find it stable enough.

Now to my problem.

When I try to add a Solaris 8 computer to the LDAP server it complains.
After digging through the man pages i tried to create a profile for my
S8 computer.

In this profile I find attributes and objectclasses that I cant find a
schema for.

Help! Where can I find this? (SunSolve Online doesn't help very much).

Now to my next question.

And that concerns LDAP and Solaris 7. I downloaded nss_ldap and tried to
compile it but it failed. Anyone that has expirience with nss_ldap that
can help me? (The nice thing with nss_ldap is that it works with linux
and our number of linux users are increasing).

Thanks in advance,
--
Roger Martensson        E-Mail: Roger.Martensson@ite.mh.se
Genvagen 56C