Re: openldap, back-sql, database table and stored procedures

I am relatively new to ldap. I have set it up though and can access it using jndi.
And am fairly familiar at this stage with the slapd.conf.

On a general query about the attached letter. I realise it is possible to set up the
ldap with a sql database but i would like to know how this works. Is it still
possible to access it with jndi? how do you access it with sql (JDBC??)  If it has a
sql database does it still have the properites of the ldap? Can you access the
openldap.ldbm using sql?
As I say I am relatively new, so these questions may be completely ridiculus as my
understanding is minimal, if so my apologies.

Also on another note. Does anyone have an idea of the pros and cons concerning
openldap2.0.6 and openldap2.0.7 (there slapd.conf files seem to be completely
different).

Finally any information about configuring openssl with openldap would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Celine