Re: Am I doing something wrong?

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Ricardo Palomares Martínez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm facing some problems when using OpenLDAP 1.2.7 (because
> of this I also send a question about OpenLDAP 2.0.x).
>
> - First, if I set suffix parameter in slapd.conf to
>   something different than "", then a
>
> ldapsearch -b "" -s sub "objectclass=*"

Hmm. This seems to be a incorrect usage issue. Using an null string base
does not make much sense in the LDAP world. (Skipping altogether may be
valid.) But you should know for which domain your LDAP server is
responsible and use the appropriate base.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.