Clustering Support

Does anyone want to submit a design/architecture to add true clustering for
OpenLDAP ?  There is a chance that I might be able to get some resources for
code development but I would need to provide enough information to estimate
the size of such a project.  In short clustering would allow multiple
OpenLDAP servers to respond to read & write requests to the same url.  This
host cluster should provide data coherency between hosts, load balancing,
provide failover, and allow for server side caching for scalability.