Re: ldap_mod_add() (creating attributes)

El 14 Nov 2000, a las 9:27, Hans Zauner escribió:

<snip>

> I guess this is my question, and I'm sorry for the
> confusion:  With LDAP can I make my own schema
> (attributes and/or objectclass) or am I locked in to
> using the predefines (ie. person,inetorgperson,etc)?
> The predefined objects/attribs don't really fit what I
> need.
>
> I would like to be able to create myObjectclass with
> my own (all plaintext strings) attributes (firstname,
> lastname, extension, etc) instead of the standard
> cn,sn, etc.
>
> Maybe MySQL is more what I need/want.

You can create attributes and objectclasses BUT you need an OID (Object
IDentifier) assigned to you.

See
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/schema.html#Extending%20Schema
for a clean explanation of how to do it.

In http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/enterprise.pl you get your own OID, it's
as simple (and free) as sending an e-mail, and it took us 2 days to get
it.

Good luck.

--
Mariano Absatz