RE: daemon: socket() failed errno=97... error message

I might do that.  In the meantime, I figured out the cause of my unable to
bind errors.  They were network related.  By running an strace on
ldapsearch, i noticed calls to my isp dns servers, both when i was dialed
up, and when i was not.  Either way, once i had made that very first initial
ppp connection after rebooting, ldapsearch would fail no matter what, until
another reboot.  But slapd was not bound to a certain address, so i am at a
loss.  can someone with better knowlege of ldap internals take a shot at
that one??  anyway, i solved it by adding a HOST line in my ldap.conf file
pointing to my internal network address.  No worries after that, works all
the time now.  thanks for the help!

Jason