Re: what is simple bind?

so when using simple bind, there is no protection
whatsoever?
it asks for a password, which it checks against whats
in the slapd.conf, correct?

but that is it?  if I wanted to use SASL what would I
need to do?  it would add encryption to traversing
data?  SASL is not related to password checking?

thank you,

hans zauner
refuzun@yahoo.com