Re: Requirements for a 100,000 entries LDAP directory ...

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Ron Chmara wrote:

> Ernesto Burtre wrote:
> >
> > I'm planning to install an OpenLDAP server (v2) in a LINUX machine.
> > I will create an LDAP directory with 100,000 entries with this kind of information:
> >
> >  I will be using "organizationalPerson" and "strongAuthenticationUser" objectclasses
> >  (I will be storing certificates in LDAP).  I was thinking on 200 MB in my HD to store
> > this information in LDAP.
>
> Depending on the size of certificates, this could be enough. Certificates are usually
> very large.

5kB per record would require at least 500MB diskspace. Using plenty of
indexes I don't think you will drop below 5kB per record so 1GB just for
the database might be a more realistic number.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)