Re: maximum length of attribute values

> Hi,
>
> Is there a maximum length that an attribute value can have in OpenLDAP?
>
> I have some cis attributes, and if I put more than approximately 12500 bytes
> in them, the server stops, when I try to retrieve the value in a search.
>
> ../Tonny

Not that I'm aware of, but the underlying database might have trouble with
it.  If you are using sleepycat, you can try reconfiguring and building
OpenLDAP with
    CPPFLAGS=-DDEFAULT_DB_PAGE_SIZE=16384

to see if it helps.  16384 bytes is the maximum, but it looks like what you
need.  Hope you don't have too many attributes like that.

Randy