Re: free/non-free ladp servers comparizon

Hi,
We did some the result was 75 requests per second on a Sun Ultra 10, the Sun was only running at 50% CPU and we were using the internal IDE disks. The bottleneck was the 10Mbit network connection on the side of the guy doing the queries. The Sun would of done LOTS more..
Jim

At 12:18 PM 10/26/2000 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>          I don't see any mention of the hardware used, was the same HW
>even  used on the AD vs Linux machine?  Cooking benchmarks is a fine art
>where the only thing you can really be sure of is that this "number" is
>not  indicative of real life.....
>>> Open LDAP on Linux           => 4.5
>>> Active Directory on Win 2000 => 999

Does someone have a benchmark application for LDAP (that just makes a bunch of
connections)?  4.5 connections per second is ridiculously low number.

time ldapsearch objectclass=morrisonperson dn
0.03user 0.00system 0:00.44elapsed 6%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

for a query that fetched 423 dns.

[root@littleboy yp]# time ldapsearch uid=adam dn
0.00user 0.01system 0:00.06elapsed 16%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

for a query that got 1 dn.

And these queries were made to a server when it had 61 other connections (the
server is in production use).

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.