Re: Performance

Translated by babel.altavista.com:

"We have installed the service of Openldap in a Linux Redhat version 6.2, we
used of client
Netscape Messenger. The problem that we have is that when we used it it works
fast repeated
times (time of respuest between 1 and 2 seconds) and once in a while is put slow
and the answer
takes 60-120 approximately seconds, soon returns to work quickly. We want to
know as it is the
cause and if way can be solved of algun. Thanks. "

(Amazing!)

This usually happens when you're missing an index. If you use a filter that
includes an attributes you don't have an index for, slapd will look at each
entry one at a time to find those it should return. Also if you search on
something that more than 4000 some entries have, the indexes won't help. You can
change the 4000 limit by editing include/ldapconfig.h:SLAPD_LDBM_MIN_MAXIDS (for
openldap 1.2.x).

Again from babel.altavista.com :
"Esto sucede generalmente cuando usted está faltando un índice. Si usted utiliza
un filtro que
incluya atributos usted no tiene un índice para, el slapd mirará cada entrada
una a la vez para
encontrar ésos que debe volver. También si usted busca en algo que más de 4000
algunas
entradas tienen, los índices no ayudarán. Usted puede cambiar el límite 4000
corrigiendo
include/ldapconfig.h:SLAPD_LDBM_MIN_MAXIDS (para el openldap 1.2.x). "