Re: problems with command line utilities.

> i have installed openldap-version2.0.1. on my machine on linux 6.2.
> i'm having problems executing the command line utilities.
> the error it throws is :- ldap_bind:unable to contact ldap server.
>
> i have tried the following
>
>         slapd -h ldap://localhost:9389/
>

>         slapd -h ldap://:9389/
>

> but still the error is there.can anyone please help.
>
> regards,
>    ashish.

Either one of two possibilities exist.  The slapd server is not really
starting up (test using -d -1), or the client is not attempting to connect
to the correct host or port.  For ldapsearch, make sure by specifying
"-H ldap://localhost:9389/";, or by modifying ldap.conf.

Randy