Re: problems compiling with kerberos support

At 05:55 PM 10/20/00 +0100, Alex Stepney wrote:
>Well, I've made a little further with my problem. If I remove SSL support the
>code compiles, but if I try an ldapseach with -k (for Kerberos authentication)

LDAPv2 Kerberos BIND require Kerberos IV.
LDAPv2 Kerberos BIND is deprecated in favor of LDAPv3 SASL/GSSAPI.
LDAPv2 Kerberos BIND support in OpenLDAP requires specification
  of --enable-kbind

I suggest that users of Kerberos V use SASL/GSSAPI instead.
        ./configure --with-cyrus-sasl --without-kerberos \
                --disable-kbind --disable-kpasswd

SASL/GSSAPI is viewed as a stronger authentication mechanism
and it also offers integrity and privacy security layers.