Re: graphical LDAP client

Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Graciela Machado Leopoldino wrote:
>
> > I'm new user of OpenLDAP and I would like used a graphical
> > LDAP client. I tried the Kldap but don't have success and GQ
> > isn't very good. Is there other tool ?
>
> Just what do you expect of it? I haven't seen a
> do-it-all-in-one tools for LDAP yet.

And IMHO it's really impossible to write a do-it-all-in-one tool.
Especially for being used by end-users for their daily work. Too
much knowledge of the directory's data model is needed for using
generic LDAP clients. You also wouldn't use a generic SQL tool to
let the secretary maintain a company's address book in your SQL DB.

People often ask me for customization options of web2ldap for
day-to-day maintenance of address books or a user DB. Although there
are some of such options already there my answer is always: Write
your own customized LDAP client for your special needs or pay
somebody who does it for you.

Ciao, Michael.