Trouble building OpenLDAP 2.0.6 on HP-375 / NetBSD

I searched everywhere, and can't find the answer to this particular problem.

I have what I think is an involved problem trying to build OpenLDAP.  The
machine is an HP-375 (68030 processor) running NetBSD 1.4.2.  I'm compiling
with the latest gcc.

I won't go into more details until I know it's appropriate for this forum,
but here's the error I'm getting:

$ make

 <~10 lines of junk removed>

os-ip.c:336: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
os-ip.c:335: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
os-ip.c:343: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
os-ip.c:343: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
os-ip.c:349: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
$

I've only been using C for about three months now, and I have an idea of
what these errors mean, but I have no idea where to start to try to fix
them.

I really need this thing up and running for a product I'm testing.

Thank you very much in advance for any information you have.

-Andrew Mark