Re: OpenLDAP 2.0.x and SASL on AIX

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:27:57PM +0200, Alberto Brosich wrote:
> Anyone has compiled OpenLDAP 2.0.x with SASL on
> AIX 4.3.3?

Yes, and it works.

> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/local/libexec/slapd because of
> the fol
> lowing errors:
>         0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for /usr/local/lib/libsasl.a
> because:
>         0509-136   Symbol __eprintf (number 46) is not exported from
>                    dependent module slapd.

The libsasl.a library on my machine does not contain any references to
__eprintf. What SASL version are you using? How did you build it?

And be careful when building programs and shared libraries. I think the
libtool distributed with OpenLDAP does not set the library paths correctly
(at least not when I last tried; I'm using a newer libtool now). It did cause
problems for me.

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary