slapd thread creation

Hi,

I am running OpenLDAP 2.0.6 on RH Linux 6.2 and have noticed that the number
of threads increase over time and never stabilizes.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any upper limit to the number of
threads that slapd creates.  After a few days the number of threads can get
as high as 20, at which point I restart the process and the gradual thread
expansion begins again.

Is there any way to limit the number of threads running?  I have tried
various values for the 'concurrency' option in slapd.conf, but it does not
seem to have any effect.

Mark