Re: password

At 09:29 AM 10/13/00 +0500, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I have strange problem with passwords wint openldap 2.0.6.
>I use cyrus sasl 1.5.24.
>
>bash$ ./ldappasswd -D uid=dm,dpt=zachet,org=Aspec_4_floor,o=Aspec,c=RU
>-W
>Bind DN: uid=dm,dpt=zachet,org=Aspec_4_floor,o=Aspec,c=RU
>Enter bind password:
>ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute
>
>Why?

This error implies that supportSASLMechanisms is not present
in the server's root DSE.

Since you specified a bind DN, I assume you actually intend
to use simple authentication.  This requires '-x'.

If you are actually trying to change the SASL user's secret,
the server doesn't support this yet (it only supports changing
the simple authentication secret (e.g. userPassword)).  Note
when using SASL, specifying -D (and -W) is not necesary.

Kurt