Re: Hiding userPassword and other attributes from anonymous LDAPclients (such as Eudora)

Thanks Patrick, for your examples.

I did a lot of experimenting yesterday and found that the following works
for hiding the password, although I still don't really understand how:

defaultaccess read
access to attr=userPassword
    by * search

access to * by self write

Taken as plain English, "access to attr=userPassword" suggests the opposite
of hiding to me, but it hides the password alright.

Still looking for something like a tutorial on this, or at least some
better explanation than the slapd config manual at
http://www.openldap.org/devel/admin/slapdconfig.html provides.

Thanks,

Rudolf