bind to referral fails

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems when trying to bind to an LDAP server
with a bindDN that actually is a referral.
Specifically the command:

 ldapsearch -x -C -W -D "uid=joe,o=org2" -b 'uid=joe,o=org2'

doesn't return if "uid=joe,o=org2" is a referral to some other
record 'uid=joe,o=org1" containing a userPassword.
But
 ldapsearch -x -C -W -D "uid=joe,o=org1" -b 'uid=joe,o=org2'
works and returns all available attributes.

Thanks for your ideas on this
	Arvid Requate

PS: The ACL in slapd.conf allows
access to attr=userPassword
        by self write
        by group="cn=LDAPadmin,ou=Groups,o=owl-online" write
        by anonymous auth
access to *
        by self write
        by group="cn=LDAPadmin,ou=Groups,o=owl-online" write
        by anonymous read
	by * read

--
"... so keep in mind that my confusion is my own, not my employer's."
		                                        Trever Furnish