Re: AIX memory problems

At 11:40 AM 10/12/00 +0200, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
>hi,
>
>i've problems running slapd (1.2.11) on AIX 4.3.3 machines. slapd
>allocates memory, and doesn't free it then.

slapd caches entries, indices, and various other buffers.  Depending
on your configuration, slapd can grow to be quite large.

As far as it freezing and your suspecting the thread management
system, I suggest you try --without-threads.  Note that 1.2 is
not designed to work in preemptive threading environments.

Kurt