Re: AIX memory problems

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> i've problems running slapd (1.2.11) on AIX 4.3.3 machines. slapd
> allocates memory, and doesn't free it then. so the process is growing
> and growing up to about 130k (system limit would be 256k, i think) of
> mem, and then freezing. i even can't terminate the process with a simple
> kill. i had to send -9 to get rid of the slapd. and that's really NOT
> what i call a clean shutdown...
> anybody knows what's the problem? we believe it's AIX thread management
> or smth. like that. anybody has expirience with openldap on AIX? please
> respond...

I'm running slapd version 1.2.11 on AIX 4.3.2 with a lot of success.  I
restart the server everyday though because I destroy and recreate the
database from other data sources.  I've had no problems with reliability,
and slapd only allocates about 10MB of memory, however our database is
small (only 25,000 entries).

mga.