ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: DSA is unavailable

Hi everybody,

 I'm getting the message error:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: DSA is unavailable

when I try to use ldapsearch, ldappasswd or any interactive command
that needs modify the database and for which needs the Manager's password.
I saw this same problem on the FAQ but from ldap_bind function. I
am sure that slapd is running and also I used -h option indicating the
actual host where the ldap server is installed and running.
Is there something special that needs the authentication sasl to bind
to the ldap server?

thanks,

---sram
     "Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean!" --Feynman
Salvador Ramirez Flandes        PROFC, Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE
http://www.profc.udec.cl/~sram                mailto:sram@profc.udec.cl