Re: Addtion of userCertificate in LDAP.

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Vimalan.G wrote:
>
> > I want to add the userCertificate in LDAP.
> > I have added the userCertificate attribute in LDIF file.
> > And the objectclass  inetOrgPerson.
> > can you suggest the syntax for adding a certificate thro'
> > LDIF file to the LDAP.
>
> Why not let the application do this itself? (Which is what is the
> procedure with netscape settings.)

Thanks for clarify this to me also about netscape.
But then, what the attribute userCertificate was defined for?
There is 2 object classes in which it is defined, inetOrgPerson as
said Vimalan.G and strongAuthenticationUser, why this?

---sram
     "Don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean!" --Feynman
Salvador Ramirez Flandes        PROFC, Universidad de Concepcion, CHILE
http://www.profc.udec.cl/~sram                mailto:sram@profc.udec.cl