Re: ldapadd errors in 2.0.6

Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 02:26:46PM -0600, Justin Wood wrote:
> > I've succeeded in adding a basic hierarchy in openldap-2.0.6.  However,
> > when I go to add entries (people), I get:
> >
> >   bash-2.04# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=whizbang,dc=com" -W -f
> > main.ldif
> >   Enter LDAP Password:
> >   adding new entry "uid=justin,ou=People,dc=whizbang,dc=com"
> >   ldap_add: Undefined attribute type
> >         additional info: attribute type undefined
> >   ldif_record() = 17
>
> Have you added the right schema to your configuration file?  Experiments
> here show that you need cosine.schema and inetorgperson.schema, as well
> as one for the sambaAccount object class, which I don't see in the
> set supplied with OpenLDAP.

My slapd.conf file has the following at the top:

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

FYI, I got the samba.schema file from
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-TNG-schemas.html

> Nalin

Justin Wood			justinw@flipdog.com