-- not even quick start --

After installation procedure following the Admin Guide.  I start my slapd,
then test the base search (step 9 in quick start guide).  But nothing
happened after that... look below:

Check if slapd is running:
[root@abraxas openldap]# ps -ef | grep slap
root      9362     1  0 12:12 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/libexec/slapd
root      9363  9362  0 12:12 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/libexec/slapd
root      9364  9363  0 12:12 ?        00:00:00 /usr/local/libexec/slapd

When I do command:
[root@abraxas db]# ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)'
namingContexts
<just sits there and nothing happened.  I waited for more than 10 minutes.
I had to Ctrl-C>

Then I tried adding the database after modifying my entries.ldif
[root@abraxas db]# ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=onlinepartners,dc=com" -W -f
entries.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
<I entered 'secret' as the password and it again sits there and nothing
happened.  I had to Ctrl-C>

Any idea what's going on???  I can't even get the basic to work now  (I used
to be able to do add and search yesterday after my installation).

PS.
1. I can connect to the LDAP server from outlook address book just fine. I
added search base option with 'dc=onlinepartners, dc=com'.  Then tried
searching for Homer or Simpsons.  But it gave me, "There are no entries in
the directory that match your criteria"...  Also tried netscape LDAP and
still no entries found.
2. Since I did not specify any options in configure when I install OpenLDAP.
How do I about to add logging to OpenLDAP so I can see the error messages?

Much thanks,
-widodo-

--------------------------- entries.ldif ---------------------
#Organization
dn: dc=onlinepartners, dc=com
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: Onlinepartners Powerplant
dc: onlinepartners

dn: cn=Manager, dc=onlinepartners, dc=com
objectclass: person
cn: Manager
sn: Manager

dn: cn=Homer Simpsons, dc=onlinepartners, dc=com
cn: Homer Simpsons
mail: hsimpsons@springfieldpowerplant.com
o: Springfield Nuclear Powerplant
uid: hsimpsons
givenname: Homer
sn: Simpsons
telephoneNumber: 800-225-5288
homephone: 800-225-5288
title: Safety Engineer
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
objectclass: person

------------------------------------- slapd.conf ---------------------
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
#schemacheck    off
pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args

# Access control by read for all db for everyone
access to * by * read

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=onlinepartners, dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager, dc=onlinepartners, dc=com"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr/local/etc/openldap/db
# Indices to maintain
index   objectClass     eq

# See ldap.conf(5) for details
# This file should be world readable but not world writable.

#BASE   dc=example, dc=com
#URI    ldap://ldap.example.com ldap://ldap-master.example.com:666

host 128.193.1.25
base dc=onlinepartners, dc=com

#SIZELIMIT      12
#TIMELIMIT      15