RE: OpenLDAP C SDK, PerLDAP

Certainly it's possible. Both the Netscape and OpenLDAP APIs evolved from
the UMich code, and the differences are minimal. We ported Clayton Donley's
Net::LDAPapi for OpenLDAP, the diffs are trivial. I would expect that adding
OpenLDAP support to PerLDAP would be equally simple. (Of course, I say this
without ever having seen PerLDAP. Your mileage may vary.)

Also, if you already have something working with the Netscape SDK, there's
no real reason to change to any other SDK. If all you want is to use the
OpenLDAP server, then it makes no difference whose client SDK you use.

  -- Howard Chu