Re: problems using ldapsearch with 2.0

Ok.  That was correct.  I didn't have the rights.  When I used -D
cn=manager,dc=nowcom,dc=com -W and entered a password, it came back with the
correct information.  What do you suppose is the best way to allow hosts to
contact the ldap server so that users can authenticate against it?

If I put in the rootdn: cn=manager,dc=nowcom,dc=com   and passwd   secret (for
example) into /etc/ldap.conf, then I can authenticate against it, otherwise I
can't do it.

Is there an acl that I can include in order to allow hosts to authenticate my
users?   I will, btw, be eventually tieing this authentication into Samba so
Windows users will also have to authenticate against it to log into the
domain.

--
Joseph Hoot
System Administrator