RE: installing v2.03 with berkeleyDB, Linux

Daniel,

I had the same problem which was the reason for my original post.  I now
think I have found a solution.

1) Configure Berkeley DB using:
     > ../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local
This installs the software into /usr/local instead of the default
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1

2) Create a link from /usr/local/lib/libdb3.a to /usr/local/lib/libdb.a i.e.
     > ln -s libdb.a libdb3.a  (in /usr/local/lib)

3) Build OpenLDAP 2.0.3 in the usual way.

Looks like OpenLDAP's configure script will only pick up Berkeley DB if it
finds a libdb3.a library.

Mark