ldapadd error - calloc failed?

Hi,

I am a relative newbie to LDAP, just experimenting with the service for a while. I started the server OK and finished creating the top level DNs (root is o=andro,c=id and several branches, i.e. ou=employee, ou=contractors, ou=locations, etc. and they checked OK using ldapsearch). Then I did several simultaneous bulk load of entries to these sub trees (total of around 60,000 entries in LDIF format, extracted from production server), and in the middle got this error message (slapd daemon crashed):

Sep 21 08:34:14 ldap slapd[8600]: calloc of 61866958 elems of 4 bytes failed

I was using ldapmodify -a -r from OpenLDAP 1.2.11 on Red Hat Linux 6.2 (2.2.14-5.0). The hardware is Pentium 133 with 32 MB RAM. Have I hit a limit of some sort? Can somebody points out the mistake and maybe suggest an alternative way?

Thanks much for any response,

	Thanks and regards,
	Andang Nugroho

	"Courtesy comes by default, but respect I gotta earn"