can run slapd in 2.03

I have decided to upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.03 as to have much more ACL control.
In order to upgrade I did the following:
 - Installed the openssl tar
 - Installed the Kerbos5 tar
 - Installed CASL or whatever that Cyrus library is
 - Installed the Berkly DB (Sleepycat)
 (by the way, none of the above were touched except for ./configure, make,
make test, or make install --no configuration done)
 - Installed openldap-2.03 --with-wrappers

When I try to run "/usr/local/libexec/./slapd" I don't see anything.  When I
check /var/log/messages, it said originally that I didn't have a database to
run.  This is when I installed Sleepycat.

When I try to run "/usr/local/libexec/./slapd -d 1" I get the following:

[root@elmer dist]# /usr/local/libexec/./slapd -d -1
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.3-Release (Wed Sep 20 17:22:54 PDT 2000) $

root@elmer.nowcomwan.com:/export/home/jhoot/Downloads/ldap/openldap-2.0.3/servers/slapd
daemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse(ldap:///)
daemon: socket() failed errno=22 (Invalid argument)
daemon: bind(6) failed errno=98 (Address already in use)
daemon: bind(6) failed errno=98 (Address already in use)
daemon: bind(6) failed
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

any suggestions on how to get slapd running?

--
Joseph Hoot
System Administrator