Re: Cache???????????????

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Ravi Mittal wrote:

>     I have created a ldbm database with directory parameter as
> /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/tsp
> Now I add few entries in this database.
> After that I delete all the files from /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/tsp so
> as to clear the whole database??? (Is it the right way?)
> And try to re-add the same enteries. But it says the 'entry with dn:
> <whatever> exists'?
>
> For this I need to kill the slapd and re-run it!!!
>
> I know that this is due to enteries are stored in cache???
>
> But isn't there any way around kill and restart the daemon???

Your method is only good for debugging (and at that point you wouldn't
care about stopping/starting the daemon).

For normal use you should remove the entries with ldapdelete.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)