Re: Openldap 2.x but still no roaming profiles

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 09:59 PM 9/17/00 +0200, Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:
> >On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> >> As far as Netscape Roaming interoperability goes, I suggest you
> >> redefine (with new OIDs) each attribute type of binary syntax
> >> to be octetString syntax.  This is likely what Netscape meant
> >> all along.   As I noted previously, arbitrarily mapping old
> >> 'bin' to binary does make sense.
>
> BTW, I meant "does NOT make sense".  Anyways, you appear to be
> on the right track.
>
> >Ok. So in order to provide a schema file for OpenLDAP I would take the
> >following steps:
> >
> > 1. Get myself an OID assigned.
> >
> > 2. Rewrite the schema file
> >
> > 3. Test, test and test some more untill I know it works perfectly.
> >
> > 4. Document the steps involved including slapd.conf, LDIF examples and my
> >    own schema file.
>
> This sounds like reasonable steps for developing an alternative
> schema specification.

Ok. Got my OID so I can take it from there. I'll keep everyone informed.
Just have to work out a base setup that won't limit me. (I'm interrested
in SNMP as well you see ;-)

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Quoting this tagline is illegal! (http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html)