DN backwards in NetMeeting?

Hi -

I'm trying to get NetMeeting 2.1 to work with OpenLDAP 1.2.9.  I
searched the mailing lists and found Peter Linden's posting from last
year with sample NetMeeting configs.  I haven't been able to get them
working, though, and the ordering of RDNs in the DN seems to be causing
the problem.

Here's what my debug traces show:

do_add: ndn
(C=US,O=MICROSOFT,CN=BACCALA@FREESOFT.ORG,OBJECTCLASS=RTPERSON)

Note that the DN begins with a "C=" item.  The examples from the
OpenLDAP Admin Guide, while mostly "DC=" based, all pretty much imply
that the top-level names appear at the end of the DN.  Furthermore, the
code shows a bunch of suffix checks, but no prefix checks.

I end up with a string of messages like:

=> dn2id(
"C=US,O=MICROSOFT,CN=BACCALA@FREESOFT.ORG,OBJECTCLASS=RTPERSON" )
=> dn2id( "O=MICROSOFT,CN=BACCALA@FREESOFT.ORG,OBJECTCLASS=RTPERSON" )
=> dn2id( "CN=BACCALA@FREESOFT.ORG,OBJECTCLASS=RTPERSON" )
=> dn2id( "OBJECTCLASS=RTPERSON" )

All of which fail.

So, is it possible to start a DN with a "C=" item?  If so, how should I
structure my database to allow this object to be added?

Any ideas what's going on here?

--
                                        -bwb

                                        Brent Baccala